Peace and Love Academic Scholarship (PALAS), application for the 2013-2014 school year will be opened April 1, - May 15, 2013. The Board members would like to thank all those who participated in the process in 2012 which resulted in 42 scholarships winners for 2012-2013 academic school years. Please continue to check this site, www.PALAS1.org for updates.
All students will be required to fill out an application, present school grades and write an essay to submit to the organizers of The Peace and Love Academic Scholarship Committe. Please follow instructions enclosed in requirements document.
Students are encouraged to fill out applications online and email it back to PALAS organizers. A photo ID MUST be sent with the application in .JPG, .PNG or .GIF format. Photos in .doc is not acceptable.
Also, students should work with their guidance counselors to obtain the application form and fill out the hard copy (assuming that they don't have access to a computer) and send it back to the PALAS postal mail address:
Peace and Love Academic Scholarship or PALAS
P.O. Box 5461
Alpharetta, GA 30023-5461
- HIGH SCHOOL - All applicants will require to write an essay of 300-500 words. Maintain at least B grade average. Please click the respective link below to download requirements and application documents. NOTE: All students MUST include at least two (2) semesters/terms of grades marking period for the current school year. An application with anything less will not be considered. All applications MUST be signed.
2) DOWNLOAD Requirements & Application for University/ College Students (CLOSED 5/15)
- UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE - Students will require to submit an essay of 300-500 words. Maintain at least B grade average and be involved with various community activities. Please click the respective link below to download requirements and application documents. NOTE: All students MUST include at least two (2) semesters/terms of grades marking period for the current school year. An application with anything less will not be considered. All applications MUST be signed.
3) Requirements for Students as Current Scholarship (Re-AWARDS) Holders (CLOSED 5/15)
- For students that are currently holding a SSSJamz/Vanessa Campbell or PALAS scholarship, it is NOT necessary to fill out a new set of application forms to secure funds for the new school year. However, it is MANDATORY to submit your grades for the entire previous school year by a schedule deadline date as specified by the PALAS committee. The grades MUST be official and stamped by the school/University/College. NOTE: A grade B, 80% or 3.0 (4.0=A) average MUST be maintained for the entire school year. There are no exceptions to these rules. All applications MUST be signed.
Application for current scholarship recipients
- Gold Star Scholarship winners (for both High School and University) will be selected as the top standout candidate based on overall results. The student MUST exemplify an outstanding academic/community/essay, along with the overall presentation of the application package to the PALAS committee. The winner will receive a laptop computer for this accomplishment along with the regular financial awards.